I installed Debian 5.0 “lenny” on my ‘new’ computer (AMD 64), and everything seemed to work OK. Recently however, the system has taken to not detecting any USB devices about 90% of the times I switch on the machine. Could there be a simple answer to this problem?
I am new to Linux, and not a technical expert.
Alejandro Martini [ Editor ]
I’m not sure if there’s a simple answer to your question, but here are some things you can try.
– Boot your system using a LiveCD and see if any of the devices are detected properly.
– Run the lsusb command from a terminal window and check if the devices are showing up there. Note that even if they show up, that doesn’t necessarily mean that they will work, but at least indicates that the computer is seeing them attached to the bus.
On the other hand, perhaps it would help to know a bit more about the problem:
– Did the devices work previously on Debian Lenny?
– Can you provide some details on the specific USB devices that you’re using? (manufacturer / model)
– Are you using an USB hub or are all of your devices attached directly to USB ports on your PC?